- Well-established, major 4-lane routes in county connect to US interstate quickly
- Inland Port Dillon is only 15 minutes away – or utilize the Port of Charleston 2 hours away
- Easy accessible International air travel from Charlotte and Myrtle Beach, and a regional airport in Florence
- Two interchanges in Marion County off of proposed I-73
10 Miles from the World
Located between the resort area of Myrtle Beach and Interstate 95, Marion County encompasses 489 square miles of northeastern South Carolina’s coastal plain region. The county seat of Marion is only 15 minutes east of Florence, and within an hour and a half of the capital city of Columbia via Interstate 20. Myrtle Beach and the coast are only 45 minutes southeast on U.S. 501, while historic Charleston is located two hours to the south. Access is a great feature of locating a business here, with major interstates, an inland port, railways, and airports all within easy reach.
Marion County is located in close proximity to the Ports of Charleston, Georgetown, Savannah, and Wilmington. South Carolina’s Port of Charleston, with direct access to Eastern markets, has the best productivity in the U.S. The Port of Charleston has five terminals —3 container, 2 breakbulk— with access to five interstates. The Port is currently expanding through the construction of a new terminal and has the ability to handle post-Panamax vessels.
The Inland Port Dillon, less than 15 minutes from Marion County, is scheduled to open in early 2018. It is located within a mile of I-95, a critical transportation artery in the Southeast, and is central to a significant base of existing Port users that represent base cargo opportunities for the facility. The initial phase is expected to handle at least 45,000 containers annually, offering overnight access to and from Charleston via an existing CSX mainline.
- Inland Port Dillon- 15 minutes
- The Port of Charleston - 2 hours
- The Port of Georgetown - 2 hours
- The Port of Wilmington - 2 hours
- The Port of Savannah - 4 hours
Offering quick access to a wide range of flights, Marion County is your best choice for centralized aviation service anywhere.
- Marion County Airport - 1 mile
- Myrtle Beach International Airport – 45 minutes
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport – 2 hours
- Charleston International Airport – 2 hours
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport – 2 1/2 hours
CSX maintains an intermodal yard in nearby Florence 20 miles away. Amtrak provides passenger rail service in Florence, with daily service to New York and New Orleans, and points in between.
Marion County is served by more than 40 freight carriers, including major freight companies capable of handling shipments throughout the U.S. and North America.
- Located midway between Miami and New York, SC has five interstate highways and nine commercial airports.
- The Intersection of Interstates 95 and 20 is within 20 minutes driving time via US Highway 76.
- Interstate 73 is proposed to go directly through the heart of Marion County. The highway will connect Myrtle Beach, S.C. with Detroit, Michigan, providing easy access to Marion County.
Distance to Major Southeast Cities
- Charlotte, NC - 109 miles
- Greenville, SC - 177 miles
- Charleston, SC - 101 miles
- Atlanta, GA - 288 miles
- Savannah, GA - 175 miles
As you navigate our website, you can use the “Add Page to Report” button to add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.